Preparing for the physical examination
In this section, we will explain what you need to keep in mind for your visit to the research location:
- We ask that you come to the research location on an empty stomach. This means you do not eat or drink anything after 10 p.m. the night before your appointment, except water. You can, however, take your medication with water. Please note! Do you take medication for diabetes? If you do, do not take this medication. Instead, bring it along with you to the research location. After the examination you will receive a simple breakfast. Here you can take your medication if necessary.
- It is extremely important for the measurements that you do not smoke the morning of your visit to the research location.
- During the physical examination, we will ask you to remove your clothing from the waist up (you can keep your undergarments on) and to take off your shoes and socks. For this reason, we ask you to wear clothing that is easy to put on and take off.
- In case we asked to bring a urine sample: on the morning of your visit to the research location, when you urinate for the very first time, we ask that you collect some of this early-morning urine in a clean jar (for example, a jam jar). The night before, it is important that you empty your bladder completely before going to bed.
We ask that you bring the following to your appointment:
- Insurance card
- The medication you take (including the packaging!)
- Early-morning urine in a clean jar
- The confirmation letter with information about your appointment